First and foremost, we wanted to make sure that the Horizon Insurance family knows that we are here for you, to assist you, answer your questions, and provide pertinent information. The world is ever-changing right now during COVID-19. We are all going through this difficult situation together.
It is important to us that we provide the most up-to-date information to our clients and the friends of Horizon Insurance. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of the insurance companies we represent have made adjustments to help all of us through these hard times. These adjustments are explained below and are organized by insurance company. Please see the information for your applicable company.
COVID-19 Auto Insurance Giveback Programs: What does this mean to me?
***Please note these programs are pending regulatory approval. ***
Travelers: Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program
- You will receive a 15% credit on your April and May premiums.
- The program is available to anyone who has an active policy effective any time between April 1, 2020, and May 31, 2020 and applies to new and existing clients.
- No request is required. If you pay through monthly installments, you will receive the automatic credit on future bills. If you have already paid your account in full, you will receive a direct payment.
Hartford: Personal Auto Payback Plan
- You will receive a 15% refund on two months of your premium if you have an active personal auto policy as of 4/1/2020.
- If you pay your premium in installments, you will receive a credit toward your next payment.
- If your policy is currently paid in full, you will receive a credit based on your last payment method.
- If you currently have a balance due, a credit will be applied to your account so that it reduces your next premium payment.
- No request is required. These payments will be made either by check or direct deposit into the billing account on record.
Safeco: Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund. This will return approximately $250 million to clients.
- You will receive a 15% refund of two months of your annual auto premium as of April 7, 2020.
- The refunds will begin this month, April, and will be issued either by check or in the manner to which your most recent payment was made.
- No request is required. The payments will happen automatically.
Progressive: Personal Auto Premium Credit. This will return $1 billion in premium to clients.
- If you have an active policy as of April 30, you will be credited 20% of your April premiums in May.
- If you have an active policy as of May 31, you will be credited 20% of your May premiums in June.
- No request is required. The credit will be automatically applied to your policy.
- If you paid in full, you will receive a payment of the credited amounts, and the payment will be returned to the account on file.
Nationwide: Rapid Relief Premium Refund
- You will receive a one-time premium refund of $50 for policies effective as of March 31, 2020.
- No request is required. The refunds will automatically be credited to your most recent method of payment within the next 30 days.
Mercury: Private Passenger Auto Giveback Program. This will return more than $65 Million to clients.
- You will receive a giveback of 15% of your monthly premiums for April and May 2020.
- The givebacks will begin in April and will occur in the same manner that your premiums were paid.
Temporary Coverage for Delivery: What if I need this?
- Companies are expanding coverage for personal auto clients who are temporarily delivering food or medicine.
- This does not include regular delivery services (like Uber Eats or pizza delivery).
- If you are considering delivery, please contact us to be sure you have the right coverage.
Payment Leniency: What if I cannot afford my insurance payment?
- All companies, not just auto insurance companies, are providing payment assistance.
- If you need help, please reach out to us, we’re here for you!
We are all in this together
We are open and fully operational during this time. To practice social distancing and to follow the statewide safer-at-home order, we have our employees and agents working-from-home. We are still able to assist you without disruption.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding the above COVID-19 insurance company adjustments, especially if you need payment assistance or need to find out if the delivery coverage applies to you. We are available to you by phone, email, text, app and through our website:
- Phone: (941) 755-9500
- Text: (941) 209-1101
- Email: email@example.com
- App Download: Here
We hope each of you, your family, and friends stay safe and healthy as we continue to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic. We will keep this article updated as we receive new information. This article was last updated on April 10, 2020.
PS. Here is a collage of our new work-from-home team members. They do not mind the social distancing one bit, can you tell?