We are hiring!
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our clients. We are the winner of the 2018 Readers Choice Award for Best Insurance Agency. We’re an 8 time winner of the Five Star Professional Home/Auto Award for client satisfaction and willingness to refer others. When you join Horizon Insurance you become a part of the Horizon family whether you’re a valued team member or an amazing client we appreciate you!
Personal Lines Insurance Agent
Hello from Horizon Insurance, winner of the 2018 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Insurance Agency. We are a company that specializes in protecting people’s stuff; whether it’s their home, cars, business even their life we’ve got you covered. And we like to have fun; work hard – play hard. We have a full time marketing specialist to help with email marketing, social media, SEO as well as a robust marketing strategy. Horizon Insurance conducts client account reviews as well as being very active in our community. We are a young, vibrant agency who is growing and we have an opportunity for a new Personal Lines Agent. The agency has designed a sales process that works and we are looking for the right associate to join the team!
At Horizon Insurance, we value imagination, execution, results, PMA (positive mental attitude). We want our client interactions to be the best part of that person’s day. That’s where you can help!
Mission of the Personal Lines Agent
To serve the book of clients assigned to you by providing extraordinary service, educating the customer, identifying revenue growth opportunities and generating referrals.
To grow the personal lines book of business by maximizing the Horizon Insurance sales process and applying these strategies daily. This includes calling on lost business, unsold quotes and monoline business for account rounding. This role is the face of Horizon Insurance in the community as well as agency prospects.
Desired Outcomes of this Role
- Maintain a high retention ratio by being proactive and providing extraordinary service.
- Look for additional revenue on the book of business in the form of increased coverage, account rounding, adding policy features and generating referrals for new business.
- Agency Generated New Business Sales
- Following up on unsold quotes
- Conducting client account reviews
- Call lost business list each week
- Transfer non-license work to the Account Support Specialist.
- Efficiency-Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Honesty/Integrity-Does not cut corners unethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is easy.
- Organized & Planning-Plans, organizes and schedules in a productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Aggressiveness-Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being abrasive.
- Follow-Through-Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal costs.
- Intelligence-Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence-Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactivity-Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/Adaptability-Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm Under Pressure-Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Enthusiasm-Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can do attitude.
- Work Ethic-Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High standards-Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Openness to Criticism and Ideas-Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Listening Skills-Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Communication-Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including emails.
- Teamwork-Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Persuasion-Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
Required education and experience
- Insurance license 220 or 2044
- Minimum two years insurance experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- Intermediate experience level with Windows-based PC software – Excel, Word, CRM programs
To apply, send a short cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the Horizon Insurance family. Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All applicants will remain strictly confidential